The Vanderhoof Chamber of Commerce (VCC) is a non-profit society located in Vanderhoof, BC who represents local businesses and their interests. The VCC is seeking to hire a part-time Chamber Manager.
Duties associated with the Chamber Manager position include:
- Responsible to the Board of Directors and to carry out the duties related to the successful operation of the VCC.
- Provide the Board with regular statements of revenues and expenditures, an annual budget, and accurate record keeping of all programs, events and fee for service contracts.
- Administers the funds of the organization in partnership with the Board.
- Builds strong, working relationships with businesses and supervises and participates in the membership recruitment campaign.
- Keep membership records, send out renewals to membership, visit potential and current members and encourage constant growth in membership through promotions and benefits to membership ideas.
- Ensure the website is up to date and maintained.
- Undertake special projects as required such as hosting conventions, election forums, luncheons, dinners, and events such as the Trade Show, Business Excellence Awards, Small Business Week, Pumpkin Walk, Parade of Lights etc.
- Provide information and act as a resource person for individuals, corporations and other groups interested in investing in Vanderhoof.
- Attend Board meetings, general meetings, committee meetings and other applicable special meetings as relevant to the Chamber of Commerce.
- Liaise with other Chamber of Commerce offices within the province, VCC members, potential members, local service clubs and associations.
- Answer correspondence and carry out directions/actions as a result of motions from minutes of committees.
- Ensure the office is operating smoothly and the premise is well maintained.
Skills required for VCC manager position are:
- Ability to manage an office and maintain harmonious relations with the Board of Directors, other agencies and public clientele. Ability to deal with all individuals in a polite and courteous manner under all circumstances.
- A working knowledge of QuickBooks or similar accounting software is essential.
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable with marketing and sales, approaching local businesses and selling the benefits of becoming members of the VCC.
- Must have superior writing skills and be knowledgeable in Word, Excel, and WordPress. Must be comfortable posting on social media platforms.
- Must have good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which include evenings and weekends, have your own transportation and be willing to do some travelling.
- Must be comfortable working independently.
- Have above average knowledge of bookkeeping and payroll procedures.
To apply for this position please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all who apply, but only those candidates who qualify for an interview will be contacted.