We are the administrative body that oversees the work of our member groups,
Nechako Waste Reduction Initiative and Nechako Valley Food Network.
The NHCA has an eight member Executive Board and a number of regular members.
What we do:
- actively develop initiatives to collaborate with other organizations in the community and tri-city region (Vanderhoof, Fort St. James, and Fort Fraser).
- link goals between the member groups where possible.
- develop policies for the society.
- facilitate access to funding.
The Purposes of the Society are:
- to facilitate collaborative planning within the social, environmental, and economic framework of community health.
- to facilitate outreach for the improvement of personal, social, and environmental health.
- to provide a coordinated voice for the promotion and recognition of sustainable living in the Nechako Valley and adjoining areas.
- to build a more inclusive community through collaboration with other societies which serve diverse populations.
- to engage community participation through a range of accessible communication methods.
- to support new initiatives related to sustainable community development as recommended by the membership or the executive.
Contact: Nechako Healthy Community Alliance Box 1859 Vanderhoof, BC V0J 3A0