Non-Profit Groups & Clubs
Nechako Community Healthy Alliance
We are the administrative body that oversees the work of our member groups,
Nechako Waste Reduction Initiative and Nechako Valley Food Network.
The NHCA has an eight member Executive Board and a number of regular members.
What we do:
- actively develop initiatives to collaborate with other organizations in the community and tri-city region (Vanderhoof, Fort St. James, and Fort Fraser).
- link goals between the member groups where possible.
- develop policies for the society.
- facilitate access to funding.
The Purposes of the Society are:
- to facilitate collaborative planning within the social, environmental, and economic framework of community health.
- to facilitate outreach for the improvement of personal, social, and environmental health.
- to provide a coordinated voice for the promotion and recognition of sustainable living in the Nechako Valley and adjoining areas.
- to build a more inclusive community through collaboration with other societies which serve diverse populations.
- to engage community participation through a range of accessible communication methods.
- to support new initiatives related to sustainable community development as recommended by the membership or the executive.
Nechako Healthy Community Alliance
Vanderhoof, BC V0J 3A0
Your phone and email messages will be received by all members of the NHCA executive.